In this ever changing, and often stress filled field, skills to sustain one’s personal resilience and prevent the burnout that constant stress can cause, are critical. Not only in order to maintain personal and career satisfaction, clear thinking leadership, but also to sustain one’s health and a sense of humor, on the job and elsewhere. In this talk Robin tackles the important subject of stress in your life: what it is, how it impacts your physical and mental health as well as your work and your relationships. Learn how to reduce it, manage it and increase your resistance to it. Get key skills to sustain yourself year round. The following is a list of physical, mental and emotional reactions that occur when people are too stressed. Which of these look familiar to you? Have any more than 2 – 5 times a month?
- Frequent headaches or upset stomach?
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep?
- You’re sicker than you used to be?
- Wake up tired or feeling slow?
- Inability to think clearly?
- You’re grumbling, not whistling, on your way to work?
- Feel upset often with your family or coworkers?
- Your teamwork is suffering?
- Find yourself complaining more than laughing?
- Feel anxious, overwhelmed, resentful or angry often?
- Too tired or angry to enjoy yourself when you finally have the time to?
Learn to stop a stress reaction in seconds, regardless of what is going on around you. Gain skills to release accumulated stress that is negatively impacting your attitude and your health. Find out which situations trigger a stress reaction and how to work with them successfully. Robin will teach techniques to stop and slow the biological downshift into unhealthy stress mode, along with research-driven practices that increase the clarity of your thinking as well as your resistance to stress and burnout. These techniques can be used at work and at home. You will learn to:
- Push the ‘pause’ button and think clearly when stress is occurring around you
- Assess your personal stress levels and your unique stress indicators
- Understand how stress, upset and worry negatively impact accurate judgment
- Be able to stay calm, no matter what - relax the tension in your body immediately
- Identify what 6 self-care practices prevent burnout based on recent research
- Appreciate the connections between play, hobby-time and workplace adaptability
Intended audience: everyone